Adding an application support so that Loupedeck will recognize the application when it is launched.
Loupedeck supports many applications by providing a specific developed plugin that integrates deep into the target application.
If an application does not have any ready-made support (within Loupedeck system), it can still be added to have it's own custom profile!
Instructions for Loupedeck software version 5.0 and upwards
First open the Profile dropdown menu and choose the three dots next to Application Profiles (area is marked with yellow lining in the picture above).
Next you will see an Applications pop up screen like in the picture above. Choose the Plus - icon next to the Add application-text on the upper right corner.
Now you can add a new application in the following window. First Select an Application from the drop down list or search from a folder, then name your new profile and add a description if you like.
Now you can start creating custom actions for your new application profile!
Instructions for the Classic UI (software version 4.3.3 and previous)
- Locate Application drop-down menu from the top right of Loupedeck software
- Click “Add Application...” from the bottom of the application drop-down menu (red circle)
This will open a new window on top of Loupedeck software. From this window you select which application you want to use with Loupedeck.
- Select application from the "Select Application" drop-down menu.
NOTE! On Windows running applications are listed first followed by all installed applications.
- “Listed Application Name” will be automatically filled. Click the name area to edit if needed (in some cases it will have a process name instead of a simple application name).
- When adding an application to the Loupedeck system, it will automatically have one profile (later you can add more profiles if needed).
- Give the profile a describing name e.g. “Excel Default”.
- Give automatically created profile a description what it is for.
Press “Save” to add application into the Loupedeck's supported application list!