This article will help you identify which COM (USB) ports the Loupedeck Software uses.
Using Process Explorer:
- Download the Process Explorer application and unzip the contents of the folder. (Download link)
- Open Process Explorer, then open the "Process Explorer Search" dialog (You can find it under the Find > Find Handle or DLL menu item).
- Type "USBSER" into the text field and click the "Search" button.
- The search can take a few minutes; wait until the "Searching..." message disappears.
- Once the search is over, you will see the process name that owns the COM port.
Alternative Way Using the Command Line (More Technical):
- Download the Handle application and unzip the contents of the folder to the Downloads folder. (Download link)
- Open the Start menu and type "cmd". Press Enter.
- Navigate to the Downloads directory using the 'cd Downloads/' command.
- Run the Handle program with these parameters: "handle.exe -a USBSER" (Note: to run the command, you must be in the same directory as the handle.exe file).
- Identify the process name that owns the COM port.